This Month on The Fourth Floor

Oct 06, 2020
This Month on The Fourth Floor
View this email in your browser
Dear Community,

I have been so galvanized and heartened by our community partners like the Ellevate Network, Luminary, ChIPs, i.WILL, Dreamers and Doers and a number of other organizations who have welcomed us as collaborators in pursuit of similar missions during these unprecedented times! 
We at The Fourth Floor believe at the center of all of this powerful collaboration is the understanding that gender equality is not only a fundamental human right, but a necessary foundation to support a more rapid recovery post-COVID and achieve all of the Sustainable Development Goals. This has never been more true than this moment, when the effects of the pandemic could reverse the limited progress made to date when it comes to the balance of money and power and gender equality.
On a quasi-related note, I am thrilled to announce we have been selected as one of 30 ventures world-wide to participate in Impact Hub and Adidas' global Close The Gap ProgramWe will be sure to keep you posted.

Happy October!
Breen, Founder
UPCOMING EVENTS

Wow!!! We had quite the turnout at our first GC Roundtable last Thursday! Due to the massive interest, we had to upgrade our Zoom account to accommodate everyone. We've hit on something important to our community and we are thrilled to continue the conversations!
As promised, we are having more. GC Roundtables are free, interesting, and open to anyone (not just members of The Fourth Floor).

Join us for the next GC Roundtable:
October 8 at 12:00-1:00 pm EST

And a very big THANK YOU to our amazing panelists!

HAPPY HOUR is back!

Friday, October 9th from 5:00-6:00 pm EST

Join us! We are a friendly and supportive group. We'd love to get to know you in this low-pressure atmosphere.

Bring your GIVES and GETS so we can collectively brainstorm solutions and share resources.

***You must be an accepted member to participate.

Tuesday, October 13 at 5:30 pm EST

We're partnering with i.WILL to bring you inspiring stories of perseverance, determination and strength to overcome adversity, addiction and tragedy to 'rise above the tide'. Panel members will share their stories of what it took to overcome those challenges and rise to CEOs of thriving companies.
Register Here

October 20 from 5:00 - 7:00 pm EST

We're excited to hold our next Board Boot Camp together with the Luminary community.

We invite FOUNDERS and ADVISORS to join us for an exhilarating workshop that will guide you on how to:
  • Position yourself as a board candidate
  • Identify and find board opportunities
  • Build out your board so that you can grow and scale your company quickly and successfully
BONUS: This includes a fantastic networking session at the end. Your next opportunity may be in the room.

Thank you to our partners:

Buy Ticket
October 22 from 6:00 - 6:30

PROGRAMMING Happy Hour! We'd love your input!

We're aim to bring our wonderful community together through events that are fun and grow careers and companies. We are welcoming programming input. Thank you to those who have given us feedback and signed up to help us. To get involved, please take this very short survey here and let us know if you would like to join the steering committee.

*** If you are a potential Corporate or Community partner and would like to host an event, please email us at info@thefourthfloor.co.

October 27 from 12:00 - 1:00 pm EST
Join us for an hour with the amazing Keren Eldad.

Here’s what you’ll learn:  
How to get focused even when things look like they have gone off-course 
  • Keren’s tried and true method for getting clear on your purpose  
  • The only thing you need to prioritize to fulfill your purpose and create change NOW 
  • How to stop pushing and take action with confidence
Meet our MEMBER OF THE MONTH

Ashlee Wisdom, Founder & CEO of Health In Her HUE

ABOUT: Ashlee Wisdom is a public health enthusiast and health equity champion. She is the Founder & CEO of Health In Her HUE, a digital platform that connects Black women and WOC to culturally competent healthcare providers, services and health content. Health In Her HUE’s mission is to reduce racial health disparities by leveraging the power of technology, media and community to improve health outcomes for Black women.
My GIVE: I am happy to make myself available to anyone who'd like to discuss health equity and I'm willing to make any helpful introductions to members of The Fourth Floor who are building a health tech company.
My GET: I am looking for a CTO and would love any and all referrals and recommendations for the right CTO. I am also looking for strategic partners!
My favorite quote: "I get angry about things, then go on and work." - Toni Morrison
NEWS: We were recently featured in Forbes and Pop Sugar and Bloomberg Law and Above The Law
FUNDING: I am currently raising a pre seed round for Health In Her HUE.
Thank you for your support:
MORE from our Partners
Calling all FOUNDERS!
Join ChIPs DC on October 7th at 3:00 pm EST
Register here: tinyurl.com/StartupLaw
As a partner, Luminary extends a 15% discount off of membership to members of The Fourth Floor. Let them know if you would like to sign up.

THE FOURTH FLOOR CORNER
This is where we ask or remind you to:
APPLY to be a member here. This lets us collect data and helps us match you with the group.
Join our email DISCUSSION GROUP here. As mentioned above, we will be launching this soon.
Join our DIRECTORY here. We grant access to accepted members.
Nominate yourself or someone else to be featured in the next Newsletter. Please send your suggestion to Kat here.
Send us your Gives & Gets here as we love to hear about what you want and what you can provide to another member. This information just might spark a connection or two.
Follow us on LinkedInFacebook and Instagram

Have a great month! 
-The Fourth Floor Team
Keep going up!

The Fourth Floor Team
FB Page
Website
LinkedIn
Instagram
Email
Copyright © 2020 The Fourth Floor, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

Other news